Kindergarten/Young Kindergarten Enrollment
Registration is underway for children who were 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2018. (Children with a September, October or November birth date who will be 5 by Dec. 1, 2018, are eligible for kindergarten only if the parent signed a waiver before June 1, 2018.) Full-day kindergarten is offered every day in every elementary school. All day, every day Young Kindergarten is available but may not be at every school. Children enrolled in our Young Kindergarten program do not need to re-enroll for regular kindergarten the following year. Call (616) 254-6570 with any questions.
To enroll your child in kindergarten/Young Kindergarten for 2018-19, complete this online registration process through Infinite Campus. Please have these documents ready to upload:
- certified birth certificate
- fall birth date waiver (Only for children with birth dates between Sept. 2 & Dec. 1, 2018. Due by June 1, 2018.)
- most recent immunization record (See Board Immunization Policy and Administrative Guidelines)
- two forms of proof of residency. Acceptable proof includes a recent gas, electric or water utility bill; property tax bill; lease; mortgage; and renters or homeowners insurance. A driver's license or cell phone bill cannot be used as proof.
- hearing and vision results from preschool or county
- IEP/special education paperwork, if applicable
- medical information form
- health appraisal form
If you're interested in before and after school childcare for your child, contact Treehouse Director Julie Scott at 254-6828 or via email.
Grades 1-12 Enrollment
Families who are new to the district must complete this online registration process to enroll their children in grades 1-12. Be sure to select the proper school year. Each student needs a certified birth certificate, current immunization records (see Board Immunization Policy and Administrative Guidelines), and two forms of proof of residency. Acceptable proof includes a recent gas, electric or water utility bill; property tax bill; lease; mortgage; and renters or homeowners insurance. A driver's license or cell phone bill cannot be used as proof. High school students need a transcript from their previous school or a copy of their most recent eighth-grade report card. Call (616) 254-6570 with questions.
Contact Community Education at (616) 254-6554 for preschool enrollment information. Online enrollment is not available at this time.
Schools of Choice
Students who do not reside in the district must enroll through Schools of Choice.