Schools of Choice
Enrollment Coordinator: Jennifer Wysocki
Phone: (616) 254-6584
Phone: (616) 254-6584
Thank you for your interest in our Schools of Choice program, which is for students who live outside our district. The application window is now closed for the 2021-22 school year. Applicants will be notified by May 26, 2021, if the student is accepted for 2021-22.
Please check back in April 2022 for applications for the 2022-23 school year.
Grandville Public Schools has two Schools of Choice plans:
- The Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice plan is for students who live within a school district in Kent County, including Byron Center, Caledonia, Cedar Springs, Comstock Park, EGR, Forest Hills, Godfrey Lee, Godwin Heights, Grand Rapids, Kelloggsville, Kenowa Hills, Kent City, Kentwood, Lowell, Northview, Rockford, Sparta, Thornapple Kellogg and Wyoming.
- The 105c plan is for students who live in a contiguous intermediate school district outside Kent County, such as a district in Ottawa County (Hudsonville, Jenison, etc.).
Applicants who have a sibling attending Grandville Public Schools may be given priority, as it is in the best interest of children to keep their siblings in the same district. A district may refuse to enroll an applicant who has been suspended, expelled or convicted of a felony. We do not guarantee placement at a specific elementary school. Transportation is not provided under either plan.
Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice
For families in Kent County
105c Schools of Choice Plan
For families outside Kent County
Special education students who wish to enroll under Section 105c for whom a written cooperative agreement regarding costs cannot be obtained with their district of residence will be refused Schools of Choice.
Deadlines for 2021-22 Schools of Choice
- Deadline for applying is 4 p.m. on May 14, 2021
- Parents will be notified by May 26, 2021, if the student is accepted (Please, no phone calls. Acceptance/rejection letters will be sent via mail only.)
- Parents confirm decision to attend and have enrolled by June 4, 2021
- Wait-list families notified about openings and confirm decision to attend June 25, 2021