Points of Pride
20 Reasons Why Grandville Means Opportunity
- Grandville consistently makes the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools list, ranking among the top 5 percent in Michigan (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018).
- Our district was named a Niche Best School Districts in America Award winner (2017, 2018, 2019).
- A full 90 percent of our Advanced Placement students pass their AP exams for college credit with a score of 3 or better. This is 30 percent higher than the global average for 2017. GHS has also earned the College Board Honor Roll Award.
- Our students consistently score above the county and state averages on the SAT, MME and M-STEP. The average SAT score was 1087 for Grandville students in 2017.
- Our teaching staff is 100 percent highly qualified.
- Two of our elementary schools received the National Blue Ribbon School Award. Grandville High School was chosen as a Michigan Blue Ribbon Exemplary School (2006).
- Our state-of-the-art Emergency Medical Technician program meets the needs of both college-bound and career-focused students.
- 96 percent of Grandville parents believe that our teaching styles match their child’s learning style fairly to extremely well (2018 survey).
- Our robotics program receives national recognition. The RoboDawgs produced parts used in a NASA space launch and were featured in The Wall Street Journal for their near-space balloon launch.
- 64 percent of our teachers possess a master's degree or doctorate.
- Our IMAGE program provides challenging opportunities for gifted elementary students in the areas of research, creativity and technology.
- Our elementary arts programming remains strong: Students receive art and music instruction each week from art and music teachers. We offer award-winning fine arts programs in the middle and high school years, including band, orchestra, choir, visual arts and theatre and musical theatre.
- Our Peer to Peer program matches students on the autism spectrum with neurotypical peers to enhance their social skills; authentic friendships form.
- We adhere to be nice., an anti-bullying and suicide prevention program.
- Grandville has Green, Emerald and Energy Star schools.
- Strong community support is evidenced by passage of a $75.2 million bond proposal in 2013 to upgrade facilities, including new building entrances with enhanced security features.
- Every third through 12th grader has a Chromebook and every K-2 student has access to an iPad as part of a one-to-one initiative.
- Grandville has a 95.3 percent graduation rate.
- Grandville High School received the 2018 College Success Award for ensuring students prepare for college, enroll in college and succeed once they get there. GHS graduates have been accepted at prestigious universities, including Yale, Princeton, West Point, USC and Johns Hopkins.
- Grandville has a long tradition of athletic excellence in Division I and features 29 varsity teams. The Bulldogs rank in the top 20 best athletic programs in the state.
Most importantly, we celebrate your child's uniqueness. From Culture Club to Slam Poetry Club, Mosaic Literature to Engine Technology, Web Design to Forensic Science, and EMT to Personal Finance, there are extensive academic and extracurricular opportunities for all students to discover their creativity and ingenuity.