Food Service Program
Free & Reduced Lunch Update
Pay for Meals
2020-21 Serving Notes
- High School & Middle School
- Breakfast will be available with limited options. Students will come to the cafeteria to pick up a sack breakfast.
- To help ensure the safety of our students, we have four designated serving areas.
- Breakfast: Students will have a sack breakfast option and will be eating in their classroom.
- Lunch: Students will have two cold lunch options a day to choose from until further notice. When ordered, a sack lunch will be delivered directly to the classroom to help ensure the safety of the students.
The Food Department serves meals every school day. We participate in the National School Lunch Program. Part of the program requires that specific nutrition requirements be met with each meal offered. The Michigan Department of Education School Meals Program Unit reviewed the department and indicated that we meet all nutrition standards. Breakfast is available for $1.25 at every school. Children who qualify for free or reduced lunch also qualify for breakfast (reduced breakfast is 30 cents; reduced lunch is 40 cents).
Our K-6 buildings offer a choice of two entrees and a chef salad daily for $2.10. The middle school offers a variety of choices daily at a cost of $2.20. Milk is available for purchase at all schools for 40 cents. The high school offers a choice of 14 different entrees ranging in price from $2.20 to $3.60. For the confidentiality and convenience of families, we offer a meal debit system. This system is similar to a bank debit card. Each student is assigned a secure account number. Deposits into the account can be made at any time. Checks are preferred and can be written to Grandville Schools Food Service.
Lunch Accounts Available Online
Parents can now make deposits into their student's lunch accounts using a credit or debit card, as well as monitor the items being purchased by their child and view a current balance online. The student's identification number is required to establish an account, and $20 is the minimum deposit accepted. Please call (616) 254-6404 if you have questions. Set up an account.
Menu Following a Snow Day
In the event of a Snow Day, the menu may change the day the students return. Typically, food items are prepared in advance, so the menu selections that were to be offered on a Snow Day will be offered the following day. After that, the choices usually return to the published schedule. If your child becomes concerned about menu changes, you may want to plan on packing him or her a lunch from home after a Snow Day.