Grades 6-8 Remote Learning
Grandville Public Schools believes that students learn best in a physical environment with their peers, and with a highly qualified educator. However, there is a virtual learning option for unique student circumstances and needs for students in grades 6-8 for 2023-24. Students/families must apply and should contact their student's guidance counselor to begin the process. Approval by administration is required.
- Students participate in an asynchronous model of learning, which means there is no live daily instruction.
- Virtual students access curriculum on the Odysseyware online learning platform.
- Students are enrolled in four core classes for the year and three elective classes each semester. One of the three elective classes is the online support class provided by our virtual learning coach.
- Students meet virtually with the learning coach 2-3 times per week. The learning coach will support students with progress updates, answering general questions, resolving technical issues and facilitating end of unit assessments.
- There is a portal within the Odysseyware program that allows parents to monitor their child’s progress in each class.
- Participating students will be asked to make a commitment for the entire school year.
- It is strongly recommended that students applying to participate as a remote learner be able to show past success learning in a virtual model.
Please contact an administrator if you have questions or wish to apply:
Mrs. Erika Beckett, Guidance Counselor – 254-6634
Mr. Ken See, Principal – 254-6612