Grades 6-8 Remote Learning
We are pleased to offer a virtual learning experience for students in grades 6-8 for the 2022-23 school year. (Though sixth grade is typically part of our elementary buildings, it will be looped in with middle school for remote learning purposes.)
- Students participate in an asynchronous model of learning, which means there is no live daily instruction.
- Virtual students access curriculum on the Odysseyware online learning platform.
- Students are enrolled in 4 core classes for the year and three elective classes each semester. One of the three elective classes is the online support class provided by our virtual learning coach.
- Students meet virtually with the learning coach 2-3 times per week. The learning coach will support students with progress updates, answering general questions, resolving technical issues and facilitating end of unit assessments.
- There is a portal within the Odysseyware program that allows parents to monitor their child’s progress in each class.
- Participating students will be asked to make a commitment for the entire school year.
- It is strongly recommended that students applying to participate as a remote learner be able to show past success learning in a virtual model.
Please contact an administrator if you have questions:
Mrs. Erika Beckett, Guidance Counselor – 254-6634
Mr. Ken See, Principal – 254-6612
Send your completed application to guidance counselor Erika Beckett.