Bond Construction Updates
- The Grandville Education Center on Fairlanes is now open. It houses some of our preschool and daycare programs as well as Pathways. A second expansion of this space will take place throughout the next year and open in fall 2021.
- Air conditioning has been installed in all remaining elementary buildings.
- The high school pool received cosmetic updates and improved electrical and mechanical systems.
- Construction of our new middle school and robotics center is underway, to be completed by fall 2023.
- Renovations for the 5-6 building (the current middle school) are being planned and will be completed by fall 2024.
- Other upgrades, including bus garage upgrades and safety and security upgrades, are also being planned.
7-8 Building Site Plan
GMB mentioned the tree line you are saving is 25 feet. It is more like 40 feet. I hope you can leave the trees that form such a nice border for the property owners.
Will there be a path from Brookcrest to access the fields? If so, people will park on Brookcrest to get to the fields. I do think you need to provide additional parking along the practice field and softball field, so people do not park in the neighborhood.
Are the fields going to be lit?
Will you consider putting a privacy fence behind the houses along Windybrook?
When will this project begin?
I would prefer not to have restrooms by the softball field. That is nothing but a problem for the school and the neighborhood. During the season the fields are used, place two portable toilets by the fields. I would prefer none but really don't want to have permanent restrooms in my backyard.