Phone: (616) 254-6554 (option 1)
About Our Program
Our preschool is a nonprofit program operated by the Community Education Program of Grandville Public Schools. The tuition paid by parents pays the instructors, buys supplies and provides a daily nutritious snack. Grandville preschool teachers possess either a bachelor's degree or an associate's degree in early childhood education and are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Our preschool balances structured with unstructured activities. In daily free play, children select their own activities from a variety of planned projects. Within the limits of safety and courtesy to classmates, we allow them to explore, improve motor skills, create an imaginary world, and ready themselves for future schooling. In small and large group activities, our staff provides more structured opportunities for each child's involvement. We are not providing academic programs that duplicate the kindergarten experiences to come.
Highly endorsed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, The Creative Curriculum
is the guidepost for the district’s preschool teachers. The teachers use open-ended, hands-on activities that appeal to a wide range of young learners, including visual, kinesthetic and auditory activities.
How Can Your Child Benefit?
Our program gives your preschooler the opportunity to explore, create and interact while learning to feel comfortable in a school routine. We foster each child's emotional, intellectual and social growth and individualize instruction. Our buildings have secure, locked entryways for peace of mind.
What Classes are Offered?
- 3-year-old preschool
- 3- and 4-year-old combination preschool
- 4-year-old preschool
How Can You Enroll Your Child?
Registration for Community Education tuition-based preschool programs may be completed in the Community Education office at 3843 Prairie SW. A $50 non-refundable enrollment fee is due at the time of registration. Call 254-6554 (option 1) for more information. Students must be toilet trained.
2018-19 Program Details
3-year-old Preschool (32 weeks)
- Tuesday/Thursday (a.m.)
- Children must be three years old by Sept. 1, 2018
- Cost of $725/yr.*
3- and 4-year-old Combination Preschool (32 weeks)
- Monday-Wednesday-Friday (a.m.)
- Children must be three years old by Sept. 1, 2018, and four years old by Sept. 1, 2018
- Cost of $925/yr.*
4-year-old Program (32 weeks)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (a.m. or p.m.)
- September – May
- Children must be four years old by Sept. 1, 2018
- Cost of $1,150/yr.*
NOTE: Children who will be 4 on or before Dec. 1, 2018, may be eligible with a signed age waiver.
*plus a non-refundable $50 enrollment fee (this fee does not apply toward tuition)
Preschool sections must have at least 10 students to run. If enrollment for a section is low, you will be notified no later than the week of Aug. 6, 2018. The preschool locations for 2018-2019 remain tentative until kindergarten registration has been finalized. A larger than anticipated enrollment in kindergarten could displace the location of a preschool class.
- Cummings Elementary – We offer a T/TH morning class for 3-year-olds and a M-TH afternoon class for 4-year-olds.
- South Elementary – We offer a T/TH morning class for 3-year-olds, a M/W/F morning combination class for 3- and 4-year-olds and a M-TH afternoon class for 4-year-olds.
- Grand View Elementary – We offer a T/TH morning class for 3-year-olds, a M/W/F morning combination class for 3- and 4-year-olds and a M-TH afternoon class for 4-year-olds.