When to Keep Your Child at Home
Signs of Illness:
- fever – 101 degrees or greater
- any breathing difficulties
- two or more watery, loose stools in 24 hours
- two or more vomiting episodes in 24 hours
- abdominal pain that continues for more than 2 hours
- fatigue or behavior changes that prevent normal activity
- unexplained rash
- skin sores
- thick discharge from one or both eyes
- headache, cough, sore throat, or any other complaint that prevents normal activity
Follow up with your health care provider if your child presents with any of these signs of illness.
Notify your child's school if he or she will be absent due to illness.