Enroll in Kindergarten or Young Kindergarten
Note: Kindergarten and young kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year will begin Feb. 1, 2021. Please return at that time.
These instructions are for enrolling your child in kindergarten or young kindergarten (YK) for the August 2020 through June 2021 school year. Enrollment is completed online through PowerSchool for your convenience. If you have questions, contact our Enrollment Office at (616) 254-6584 or email@example.com.
Children must be 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2020. However, children with a September, October or November birth date who will be 5 by Dec. 1, 2020, are also eligible for kindergarten or YK if a parent makes a waiver request by June 1 (see waiver below).
Full day kindergarten is offered every day in every elementary school. All day, every day young kindergarten is available but may not be at every school. See our young kindergarten FAQ for more program details.
Proper documentation and proof of residency in our school district are required for enrollment. Please have these documents ready to upload:
- certified birth certificate with seal
- fall birth date waiver (required only if child's birth date is between Sept. 2 & Dec. 1)
- most recent immunization record (see board policy and administrative guidelines) — REQUIRED to start school
- two forms of proof of residency in our district. A driver's license or cell phone bill cannot be used as proof. Acceptable proof includes two of the following:
- a recent utility bill (gas, electric or water)
- property tax bill
- lease or mortgage
- renters or homeowners insurance
- hearing and vision results from preschool or county
- IEP/special education paperwork, if applicable
- medical information form
- health appraisal form