Enroll in Kindergarten or Young Kindergarten for 2020-21
Welcome! Kindergarten and young kindergarten (YK) enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is underway. Enrollment is completed online for your convenience. Children must be 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2020; however, children with a September, October or November birth date who will be 5 by Dec. 1, 2020, are also eligible for kindergarten or YK if a parent makes a waiver request by June 1 (see waiver below).
Full day kindergarten is offered every day in every elementary school. All day, every day young kindergarten is available but may not be at every school. See our young kindergarten FAQ for more program details. If your child is currently enrolled in 2019-20 YK at Grandville Public Schools, you do not need to re-enroll.
If you need help registering or have questions, email email@example.com or call (616) 254-6584. (Note: This page is for students who will begin kindergarten/young kindergarten in August 2020. If your child is currently attending kindergarten/young kindergarten in another district and needs to finish the remainder of the 2019-20 school year in Grandville, e.g., because you're moving here mid-year from another district, enroll through the 2019-20 kindergarten enrollment page.)
1. To enroll your student for 2020-21 kindergarten/young kindergarten, use the PowerSchool link below.
Proper documentation is required for enrollment. Please have these documents ready to upload:
- certified birth certificate with seal
- fall birth date waiver (required only if child's birth date is between Sept. 2 & Dec. 1)
- most recent immunization record (see board policy and administrative guidelines) — REQUIRED to start school
- two forms of proof of residency in our district. A driver's license or cell phone bill cannot be used as proof. Acceptable proof includes two of the following:
- a recent utility bill (gas, electric or water)
- property tax bill
- lease or mortgage
- renters or homeowners insurance
- hearing and vision results from preschool or county
- IEP/special education paperwork, if applicable
- medical information form
- health appraisal form