Enroll in Preschool
Welcome to Grandville’s 2020-21 preschool enrollment page! Thank you for entrusting us with your child's education.
This page has instructions to enroll in the district's 2020-21 tuition-based Community Education preschool program. (To apply for Michigan's free preschool option for families with limited income or other risk factors, please visit the Kent County ISD site.)
Three-year-olds must be 3 by Sept. 1, 2020. Four-year-olds must be 4 before Sept. 1, 2020, OR by Dec. 1, 2020, with a signed age waiver. All children must be toilet trained.
Our enrollment process is different this year, and we hope easier than in past years. Please read each step before you begin.
1. Create a RecPro account. (Skip to Step 2 if you already have an account.) RecPro is the website Grandville Public Schools uses for preschool tuition payments and registration for Community Education classes, sport camps, swim lessons, and more.
- Go to recpro.gpsbulldogs.org
- Click Sign In
- Click Create Account
- Fill in your name, address and contact information and create a password. Email and phone are our primary forms of communication, so please provide an email you check regularly and a daytime phone number in case we need to reach someone during school hours.
- Click Family Members
- Enter your preschool child’s information. You can also enter your other children’s information for future Community Ed classes, lessons or camps.
2. Once you've signed in to your RecPro account:
- Click the Preschool Registration tab near the top of the page
- Click +Future Year
3. Decide which class you’d like to enroll your child in. Below will be your choices:
CU-2 DAY is the Tu/Th class for 3-year-olds at Cummings Elementary (4261 Schoolcraft SW) from 8:45-11:15 am. (Tuition $800/yr)
CU-4 DAY is the M/T/W/Th class for 4-year-olds at Cummings Elementary (4261 Schoolcraft SW) from 12:15-2:45 pm. (Tuition $1600/yr)
ELC-2 DAY is the M/W class for 3-year-olds at our new Early Learning Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 8:15-10:45 am. (Tuition $800/yr)
ELC-3 DAY is the M/W/F class for 3-year-olds at our new Early Learning Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 8:15-10:45 am. (Tuition $1200/yr)
ELC-4 DAY is the M/T/W/Th class for 4-year-olds at our new Early Learning Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 12:15-2:45 pm. (Tuition $1600/yr)
ELC-5 DAY is the M/T/W/Th/Fr class for 4-year-olds at our new Early Learning Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 8:45-11:15 am. (Tuition $2000/yr)
If the class is full, you will be asked if you’d like to be on a waiting list. If you choose to be on the waiting list, you do NOT have to pay the $150 registration fee at this time. Should we have an opening, we will contact you and the $150 fee will be required at that time to hold your child’s spot in the class.
4. Complete your registration.
- Click the Register button next to the class you want
- Select Participant (your preschool child)
- Add to Cart
- Pay the $150 non-refundable enrollment fee ($100 will go toward tuition)
Registrations will be time stamped once the enrollment fee is paid. A receipt will be sent to the email address on your account.
Once your child is registered, you will be sent a link to an online enrollment form to fill out.
Michigan Licensing requires us to have the following three documents before your child begins preschool in September. You will be asked to email copies of these by Aug. 14, 2020 (the sooner, the better). You can also mail copies or put them in the drop box next to the door at Community Ed (3843 Prairie St. SW, Grandville MI 49418).
- State Certified Birth Certificate (hospital birth certificate won’t qualify)
- Health Appraisal signed by a doctor that includes current immunizations (form will be attached, most doctor’s offices also have this form). The Health Appraisal and Immunizations must be updated each school year; therefore, if your child hasn’t visited the doctor since September 2019, you will need a new Health Appraisal. Otherwise, you can submit a copy of the Health Appraisal you currently have.
- Child Information Record – fillable form will be attached. Download the form to your desktop, fill it out, save it and return to Community Ed.
Important: If you need child care before and/or after preschool at the Grandville Early Learning Center (ELC), please contact our Treehouse Childcare director, Julie Scott, at email@example.com or (616) 254-6828. If you need child care before or after preschool at Cummings Elementary (CU), contact Kids Connection at Standale Reformed Church at (616) 453-2863.
If you have questions, please contact Karen at Community Ed: firstname.lastname@example.org